Re: Problems access openldap from Mac OS X Address Book

--On Saturday, July 24, 2004 10:05 PM -0400 Russell Sutherland <russ@quist.ca> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2004, at 9:52 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

2) This is not sufficient logging to see why the search is returning 0
entries.  I would guess it is an ACL problem, since no entries were
returned.  Other possibilities include v2 vs. v3 binds.

I believe that the ldap server has no real access controls. Witness the fact that other clients can access it just fine.

I could perhaps turn on more debugging info. Which flags do you recommend?

Run slapd with -d -1, like I suggested the first time.

Something like:

/usr/local/lib/slapd -d -1

Where that is a "minus one" not a "minus ell". That turns on full debugging. You also don't indicate whether or not the clients are using V2 vs. V3 binds. You could also try the ldapsearch binary with the same exact filter and see if you got any results back for that particular search.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer