Re: reindexing required?

Digant Kasundra wrote:

I've just added a new attribute to my schema and added values for it in my directory. Its an attribute that will be used as a filter so I've added it to the list of things to be indexed. However, bringing down the directory and reindexing takes a long long long time. Is it necessary to do that or can openldap build up an index table for it on the fly?

If you define the index before adding the attribute then it will be built up on the fly. If the attribute already exists in the directory and then you define the index, then you must run slapindex.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun