Re: additional info: dialup Access: attribute description contains inappropriate characters

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Dustin Doris wrote:

> Spencer,
>
> I think you have your versions wrong.  You could be using openldap 1.9, if
> so you need to upgrade.  Freeradius is just in the process of releasing
> 1.0 so I'm not sure where you got 1.148.

My apologies, those version numbers were wrong, these are the correct
ones:

FreeRADIUS-0.9.3-r1
OpenLDAP-2.1.26

and on Gentoo Linux, v. 6.15.4 if that helps.

> Anyway, if you just have your versions wrong and are really using openldap
> and freeradius, then you can find more info on how to use ldap and freeradius
> at:
>
> http://www.freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/ldap_howto.txt  (text only)
> or
> http://www.doris.cc/radius (html and text)
>
> Basically, you need to take the freeradius supplied schema file and
> include it into your slapd.conf file.  The file is named
> RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema.  Read and follow the instructions, they will show
> you how to do it.
>
> You can see the correct name of the attribute (dialupAccess) by looking in
> the schema file.
>
> Hope that is helpful.
>
> Dusty Doris

I am currently reading the howto you supplied, and have included the
schema with these results:

BEFORE adding:
        include         /etc/openldap/schema/RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema
to /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

adding new entry "cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
        additional info: dialupAccess: attribute type undefined
---------------
AFTER adding:
        include         /etc/openldap/schema/RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema
to /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

adding new entry "cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: attribute 'dialupAccess' not allowed

I am hopeful that the howto will fix the rest, thank you.

-Spenser Clark
BeachNet Manager
c/o 2006
spenser@bnet.org