Re: openldap up; can't db_stat

--On Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:15 AM -0500 Digant Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

Hello everyone,

My slapd is up and responsive (and accurate).  But running db_stat gives
me the following error:

db_stat: fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_stat: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

And running db_recover (with slapd stoppped) gives me the following
error:

db_recover: unable to join the environment
db_recover: Ignoring log file: log.0000000001: unsupported log version 8
db_recover: Invalid log file: log.0000000001: Invalid argument
db_recover: PANIC: Invalid argument
db_recover: PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
db_recover: fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery

Are the db_stat, db_recover commands you are running from the same version of BDB OpenLDAP is using? A discussion I read from googling on your error indicated you can see something like this if you happen to use a BDB 4.1 db_recover/db_stat and a BDB 4.2 database... RH often throws a lot of crap on their boxes, so it may be that a 4.1 set of binaries is coming up in your path before a 4.2 set of binaries.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer