objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: accounts

# groups, test.it
dn: ou=groups,dc=test,dc=it
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: groups

Bu if i add in groups ou an entry like this:
dn: cn=Default,ou=groups,dc=test,dc=it
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: Default
gidNumber: 500

I had the following error:
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "cn=Default,ou=groups,dc=test,dc=it"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Default,ou=groups,dc=test,dc=it
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
       additional info: no structural object class provided

Why ? Where is the problem? Someone could help me?

Which schema file is posixGroup defined in ? (For me it's nis.schema) Is this file included in you slapd.conf (seems not) ?

This is my slapd.conf :
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/rfc2307bis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/yast2userconfig.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
pidfile         /var/run/slapd/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd/run/slapd.args
modulepath      /usr/lib/openldap/modules
database        bdb
checkpoint      1024    5
cachesize       10000
suffix          "dc=test,dc=it"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=test,dc=it"
rootpw          *******
directory       /var/lib/ldap
index default eq
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
index   phpgwContactOwner pres,eq,sub
access to attr=userPassword
by self write
by anonymous auth
by dn.base="cn=root,dc=test,dc=it" write
by * none
access to *
by self write
by dn.base="cn=root,dc=test,dc=it" write
by * read

Thanks for yours help.

Cristian Del Carlo