Re: URL as synonym for labeledURI

Mark J Strawcutter wrote:

OE address book uses URL attribute for "business web page".  Is there any
way I can define URL as a synonym for labeledURI?

It looks like labeledURI is commented out in the schema file which leads me
to believe it must be defined in the source?  Otherwise I'd just add "URL"
to the definition as an alternate name.

I would define a new attribute named "url" that inherits from labeledURI.

e.g.
attributetype( <OID> NAME 'URL' Desc 'Microsoft notion of a business web page in OutlookExpress' SUP labeledURI )

where "<OID>" obviously must be replaced with a valid objectIdentifier.
--
  -- Howard Chu