slapd.conf

Hi all I've managed to install OpenSSL for TLS and the install seemed to go without a hitch. I've now come across a new problem. No matter what changes I make to the slapd.conf, slapd will not start. So whether I add new values such as:

#

# TLS Security Configuration

#

TLSCertificateFile      /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/ldap_crt.pem

TLSCertificateKeyFile   /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/ldap_crt.pem

TLSCACertificateFile    /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/cacert.pem

Or just try and rename

#

# Database Directory

#

directory       /opt/openldap/var/ldap-data

#

# Database Directory

#

directory       /opt/openldap/var/bdb-data

slapd just won't start. I can however change the default password without any issues. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I've gone through the faq's, but my gut says this is a permissions problem?

Tia

ed