Re: Newbie, structuring information in LDAP

--On Wednesday, July 14, 2004 8:39 PM +0200 Jacob Atzen <jacob@aub.dk> wrote:

If the above questions are already (partially) answered somewhere,
please point me there. All responses will be greatly appreciated.

I think buying a book on LDAP (like the one suggested) so that you understand how directory technologies work will be a good starting point for you. There are many objectClasses that come default with OpenLDAP, that meet several of your needs. Once you understand how directories work, what comes with them in terms of objectClasses, attributes, etc, then you can look at what you'll need to design on your own.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html