recommendations for data population

Folk,

We are populating our LDAP database automatically from various other sources. Unfortunately, some of these other sources aren't always well behaved. For example, just last night I found out someone didn't have a first name. (note that that's supposed to be a requirement.. so why we got data without a first name is beyond me) Anyway, here's my delima. I am planning on running a script to perform updates regularly (probably once a day for now) which generates the ldif files, sorts them, does a diff with the last sorted ldif file, and uploads the changes via ldapmodify. However, since I consider gn a required field, and it wasn't present, the ldapmodify croaked about 1/8th of the way into the upload. Normally I would go "ok well, I'll fix and rerun". But a good chunk of the data has already been uploaded at this point. So... does anyone know of any good ways to test an ldif file, or even just an ldif entry, to verify that it is valid? Are there perl modules that absorb the schema files and can test your entry for validity? I'd much rather croak out when I'm generating the ldif files than I would halfway through the upload. Much easier to clean up. ;) Any suggestions? Thanks much folk!

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /