Re: Next Release?

> Just a couple of questions regarding how releases are done...

>From my understanding:

> Will the fix for ITS# 3089 make it into the next release - 2.2.15?

Yes.

> When a release is made - does it usually included all the bug
> fixes/enhancements that have State "Release" in the ITS?

As a general rule, all those marked with RE22 (RE<latest>) yes;
usually fixes remain in "test" as long as they're in HEAD only,
and move to "release" when they get to RE<latest>.  There might
be motivated exceptions.

> Or, to actually get to my question, since there are currently 16 ITS items
> in a Release state, can we expect another release soon?

I'm unable to answer.

> I need to publish some install instructions for the way we use openldap to
> some colleagues, and I need them to install a version with the fix for
> 3089 - but asking them to check out code from cvs might be a little much.

I'm glad you pose the problem, because for some of them I'm
in the same situation.  We usually build our packages for
customers, so it's not a big deal to use CVS code or at least
selected patches, but some customers don't like to see non-"stable"
code in production...

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati