Re: 'suffix' in 'replica' slapd.conf directive deprecated?

> openldap-2.1.30
>
> slapd.conf(5) states, for the "replica" directive:
>
> "Zero  or  more suffix instances can be used to select the subtrees that
> will
> be replicated (defaults to all the database)."
>
> I was (still am, actually) having problem with a replication setup and
> went to
> take a look at the code:
>
> servers/slurpd/config.c:512
> (...)
>        } else if ( !strncasecmp( cargv[ i ],
>                         SUFFIXSTR, sizeof( SUFFIXSTR ) - 1 ) ) {
>             /* ignore it */ ;
>         } else if ( !strncasecmp( cargv[i], STARTTLSSTR,
> sizeof(STARTTLSSTR)-1 )) {
> (...)
>
> Am I reading this correctly? Is the "suffix" option being ignored?
> If yes, why?

the "suffix" directive is honored by slapd, which logs the changes that
match the suffix only for the appropriate replicas.  slurpd ignmores that
directive because all it needs to do is take care of the log entries that
are destined to a certain replica.

compare to the "replica" parsing in servers/slapd/config.c

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it