Active directory 2003

Hi *

I'm trying to authenticate apache (2.0.48) users using openldap (2.1.12
on SuSE Linux 8.2) against a windows 2003 Active directory server.

The authentication fails with following error:

ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Operations error]

I have configured a bind account to login, so this step should be ok. I
don't get "user not found" or "password mismatch" error so I think the
problem is before starting the real authentication process.

How can I better trace the problem? Does anyone experienced a similar
problem?

part of apache config file:
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/test">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthName "Staff only"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPBindDN "my.company.com/OU-xx/OU-yy/ldapaccount"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "mypasswd"
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://adserver.my.company.com/DC=my,DC=company,DC=com?sAMAccountName?s
ub(objectClass=*)"
require valid-user
</Directory>

Thanks in advance,