Re: Goofy RedHat Problem

--On Sunday, July 04, 2004 11:09 PM +0200 Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> wrote:

it is not about *fixing* the problem right away, but first
understanding it.

in this case, skolelinux is a debian stable based distro for
schools. debian stable ships 2.0.X. there is no trivial way out
of that. right now we work on the more up-to-date sarge (testing)
based version, which comes with openldap 2.1.X.

obviously providing people with an upgrade path for their
all-important data is a key-component of our job as the
distro-builders. killing questions about 2.0 in this context is
just not helping this -><- much.

i approached this list, because the nss-ldap list seems to be
write only.

Unfortunate about the nss-ldap list. I think Kurt's reply sums up my points.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer