Groups

Hello,
I don't know if this is the forum for this but I'll start here and work my
way to other forums. I have OpenLDAP running on a Redhat 8 system.
OpenLDAP 2.1.30
Berkeley DB 4.2.52

I have groups set up in the LDAP directory and access the groups info
through pam_ldap. "id" and "groups" command returns local group
information and LDAP group information. When I add more than one user to
the group, the commands above no longer return the user's membership in
that group.

I have been using JXplorer as a gui front end on either Windowz or Linux
and command line to manipulate the directory. It seems to work OK. I was
wondering if I put multiple users in memberUID for the group, could they
be going in wrong? In the past I've used scripts to load many users and if
there where whitespaces where there shouldn't be I would get bizarre
results.

Anyone having any ideas on this I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Kent N