RE: index generation failed

> Ok...after 4 hours of troubleshooting I post an email, and decide to start
> adding data from scratch and found what I think was my error right away
> (of
> course).  I was following a tutorial that told me to add the base (domain)
> entry as an organizational unit.  I'm guessing having an organizational
> unit
> as the base, with organization units underneath and no organization killed
> the objectClass index.  Any reason why slapadd would allow this though?
> Makes me think I should use ldapadd instead as a general rule since it's
> more strict.

It seems to me that you're messing things a bit up.
You can use whatever objectClass makes sense to you
for the base entry of your db; this has nothing to
do with indices, though, but rather with the logics
of your tree.  Apparently, your error resulted from
some other underlying error (80 means a very generic
error, not related to LDAP itself but rather to
implementation details or error coming from an
underlying, implementation dependent layer.

slapadd does not differ that much from ldapadd in
terms of consistency of the results.  Yes, there are
some differences, but neither of them is going to
complain if the base entry is an organizationalUnit
instead of a country or a person or so.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati