RE: index generation failed

--On Thursday, July 01, 2004 1:19 AM -0700 Kevin Williams <kwilliams@tarity.com> wrote:

Ok...after 4 hours of troubleshooting I post an email, and decide to start
adding data from scratch and found what I think was my error right away
(of course).  I was following a tutorial that told me to add the base
(domain) entry as an organizational unit.  I'm guessing having an
organizational unit as the base, with organization units underneath and
no organization killed the objectClass index.  Any reason why slapadd
would allow this though? Makes me think I should use ldapadd instead as a
general rule since it's more strict.

What you really should do is upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.2.

And then, you should read the OpenLDAP Admin guide and the OpenLDAP Quickstart guide. :)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html