Re: OpenLDAP 2.2 crashes with BDB but not LDBM

--On Friday, June 25, 2004 4:30 PM -0500 Jason Joines <joines@bus.okstate.edu> wrote:

	We're preparing to upgrade a bunch of servers with
OpenLDAP 2.0 on SuSE 8.0 and 8.1 to OpenLDAP 2.2 on SuSE 9.1.  I finally
got all my LDIFs  exported from the 2.0 directory via slapcat
straightened out to comply with the stricter schema checking of 2.2, new
Samba 3 schema, etc, and got it into the 2.2 directory on a test server
via slapadd.  Linux authentication works fine.  However, if I'm using BDB
as the database, any add, delete, or modify operation crashes OpenLDAP.
I can't use ldapadd to add a user, ldappasswd to change a password, or
ldapdelete to delete a user without it crashing.  If I change the backend
to LDBM, everything works fine.

What version of BDB are you using? Does it have the applicable patches?

What does your DB_CONFIG file have in it?

What is the database definition of your BDB section say?

What does gdb say?

What does debug -1 output show for slapd?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer