Re: simple acl

tor, 24.06.2004 kl. 13.17 skrev Mario Ohnewald:
[...]

> Here is my acl:
>
> ## Auth users
> access to attr=userPassword
>  by self write
>  by anonymous auth
>  by * none
>
> ## Full Admin Access
> access to *
>  by self write
>  by dn="cn=admin,o=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net" write
>  by * read
>
> ## room1 admin access limited to ou=room1
> access to dn="ou=room1,o=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net"
>  by self write
>  by dn="cn=room1_admin,ou=room2,o=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net" write
>  by * read
>
> ## room2 admin access limited to ou=room1
> access to dn="ou=room2,o=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net"
>  by self write
>  by dn="cn=room2_admin,ou=room2,o=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net" write
>  by * read
>
> Now when i want to log in with evolution, evolution crashes.
> Am i using nonsense rules which makes it crash or whats going on here?
[...]

Your rules are fine to be going on with; you're learning fast and will
want to "sharpen" them up later. Quite another thing is, that you don't
say what version of Evolution you use. >= 1.4 works perfectly with
Openldap (you can even do administration), shouldn't crash, but you have
to use the evolutionperson.schema for full support.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl