Re: Using OpenLDAP

ons, 23.06.2004 kl. 19.19 skrev Cody Harris:

> I requried OpenLDAP as a dep on other software, but I was looking at the docs the other night, and was wondering, what do YOU use OpenLDAP for?

> I'm not quite sure I see much of a use for it for me, but maybe you have an inspiring idea...

Everything to do with authentication and authorization for/of users in
my networks, including Unix, X, mail (smtp, IMAP, LDA), Apache, etc.
etc. Without Openldap, network-wide auth. would be out of the question
(yes, I could use some other form of LDAP, but it would have to be LDAP
;)

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl