Updates not happening immediately?

So when I have openldap running and add a bunch of records, and try to immediately search for them they aren't always there. If I stop slapd and restart it, they are.

So I am guessing I have something set that is not committing these transactions immediately and by restarting the server I am pushing them in?

What would cause this?

Thanks!

DB_CONFIG:

set_cachesize 0 52428800 0
set_lg_regionmax 1048576
set_lg_max 10485760
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lg_dir /ngs/app/openldap2/apple_openldap/var/openldap-data/db/txlogs/apple
set_tmp_dir /tmp

slapd.conf snippit:

loglevel          256
gentlehup      on
idletimeout    300
sizelimit          2000
timelimit          300
password-hash     {MD5}
allow                 bind_v2
threads            5

database bdb
suffix "o=Apple"
rootdn "cn=Manager,o=apple"
rootpw {SSHA}qn1ASsCqSO4wUbZPRmgUc0e3eZgbACdE
directory /ngs/app/openldap2/apple_openldap/var/openldap-data/db/apple

# cachesize = number of entries to hold in memory
cachesize       20000