Re: A few contradictions

Oliver Hoffmann wrote:
[snip]
Next I switched to FreeBSD. I had to experience a similar problem. configure said:
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I installed (via ports and tar-balls) several BerkleyDB-versions. All without success. I found this:
env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib ./configure --enable-ldbm --prefix=/usr/local/openldap-2.1.22 --enable-monitor

Nothing. How is it possible to get the configure script pleased and finally compile everything?
[snip]

Your question is not related to OpenLDAP per se, it is related to your OS's methods for installing OpenLDAP.

The message above suggests you're not using a recent version of the FreeBSD openldap port, because it mentions OpenLDAP 2.1.22. Please refresh your FreeBSD ports repository via http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html ; you can base your cvsup file on /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile .

After refreshing, you should be able to go to "/usr/ports/net/openldap21" or "/usr/ports/net/openldap22" and type "make install".

HTH,
John
--
           John Borwick