Re: can indexes only be used for unique attributes

At 11:13 AM 6/18/2004, John Woodell wrote:
>I find that when I index an attribute that can be the same for multiple people,
>the LDAP search returns only one entry with that value, but works again
>when I restore the slapd.conf file.
>
>Is this the correct behavior?

Well, the behavior is not correct if multiple entries
should have been returned.  However, the cause could
be any number of things, such as improper index
modification practice for the software you are using.
But not knowing what practice you followed, it's hard to
say much of anything about the cause of the behavior.

Kurt