Re: Turning off clear text - how 2 get tls only communications?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:59:57PM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> "ssl start_tls" is not a configuration directive used by OpenLDAP, so
> the question is outside the scope of this forum.

Unfortunately (in my opinion at least) some instalations mix /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
with /etc/ldap.conf (from the padl tools). Either they recompile the padl
tools to use /etc/openldap/ldap.conf or use a symlink (ugh). Since neither
systems (padl or openldap) seem to be affected when they encounter unknown
options, it works to some extent, but creates confusion.