Re: slapd crashes (ldap 2.1.30, db 4.1.25)

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
[snip]
|>You told me in
|>http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200403/msg00700.html
|>that I could either go with >2.1.27 or recompile with --enable-rewrite.
|>~  If I should add "--enable-rewrite", I will.
|

| As far as I remember, the issue that caused that problem has been fixed
| for both full rewrite and naming context replacement; if you don't mind,
| I'd give it a try, just in case.

We added "--enable-rewrite" to the spec file and rebuilt the RPM.  We
also created a DB_CONFIG file:

set_cachesize 0 536870912 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152

Our server's been running for 18 hours now, without a crash. I'll follow up if we start getting more crashes.

At some point we'll move from the "let's get it working" phase to a
"let's optimize it" phase, at which point we may start running fast and
loose on the secondary (w/ respect to transaction logs).

|>Here's the o=WFU,c=US section, in case it helps:
|>
|># the 'fake' database, for legacy clients
|>database        ldap
|>suffix          "o=WFU,c=US"
|>uri             ldap://localhost
|>suffixmassage   o=WFU,c=US      ou=Users,dc=wfu,dc=edu
|

| OK, I don't see any issue.  It would be helpful if you could narrow the
| problem down, e.g. by running slapd with full debug (and truncating the
| file every now and then by "cat /dev/null >/log/file", for your
| filesystem's relief) or by running the built but yet to install version of
| slapd under gdb.  You could also run one database on one machine and one
| on another (or on the same machine on different ports) to find out what is
| actually crashing (or if it's the interaction of the two that causes the
| problem).

Awesome.  I think we were using loglevel 2853 or something, which would
dump around 200 lines of output per query.

If we get more problems, I might move dc=wfu,dc=edu to another server
and change the o=WFU,c=US redirection.  Thanks, that's a great idea.

Yours,
John

- --
~           John Borwick      | work                 336 758 2507
~       Systems Administrator | cell                 336 391 6623
~      Wake Forest University | web  http://www.wfu.edu/~borwicjh
~      Winston-Salem, NC, USA | GPG key ID               56D60872