URI and Host NAME

Hello,

I have a problem with my configuration. I can't access to my LDAP server with the URI Name of my LDAP

This is my configuration
    - redhat 8.0
    - openldap 2.2.11

The host name of  my server is example.intranet.com, i want to declare a new name for the port 389. I use the ldaf configuration file.

But i a use the IP, it's OK i can manipulate my ldap but if i use the LDAP name ldap.example.com i can open a connection.

Perhap's, with this configuration i need to modify my file /etc/host.

Tks a lot.
Franck DARRAS

ldap.conf

HOST 192.XXX.YYY.ZZZ
BASE dc=example,dc=com
URI ldap://ldap.example.com

TIMELIMIT 25

slap.conf

# more slapd.conf
#
# See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
# This file should NOT be world readable.
#
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
[...]

# Define global ACLs to disable default read access.

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
# service AND an understanding of referrals.
# referral      ldap://ldap.example.com

pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile       /var/run/slapd.args