Rewriting the dn

I am using openldap as a proxy to an NDS ldap server and it seems to be working ok.

The problem I have is that NDS will by default only set the dn as cn=user,...... I need the dn to be uid=user,.....

I cannot get my head around the ldap-meta rewrite rules, is there any chance one of you kind guys would be able to let me know what rewrite rule I need to change:

cn=justin,
uid=justin

Bearing in mind that the location of the user in the NDS tree is not static, users are spread across subtrees.

People will need to bind with uid= too, so the rewrite will have to take binds into account (if this is possible ?)

Thanks,

Justin
Justin Davies LPIC2,OCA,DB2
Lead SME/Editor, Linux Professional Institute
email: justin@palmcoder.net
web: www.palmcoder.net