Re: lookups on multivalued field fails

--On Sunday, June 13, 2004 3:18 PM -0600 kevin@hcico.com wrote:

I am experiencing a very strange problem.  I am trying to do lookups from
my mail system directly into the LDAP server.  After several unsuccessful
attempts, I decided to try the querries in other ways.  The bottom line is
that I do not seem to have my OpenLDAP set up correctly.  I am
experiencing not only lookup failures in Postfix, but also SaslAuthd and
the command line.  So, my first order is to look at the command line, and
see if I can figure out what is wrong there.  However this seems to be
quite puzzling.  I can look up a record by the mail field, but not the
mailAlternateAddress fields:

What version of OpenLDAP are you running? What are your ACL's? What is the schema definition of mailAlternateAddress?

I assume it is:

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7914.1.2.1.4 NAME 'mailAlternateAddress'
	SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
	DESC 'Secondary (alias) mailaddresses for the same user'
	EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match
	SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 )

which allows it to have both substr and eq matching.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer