Re: Scaling for performance : Results and comments????

Hello Howard,

 I have had the same errors with openldap 2.2.12 and
300Mb of DB Cache for another 8 hour test and
200Vusers. With a 4cpu-4Gb Ram machine i don't see why
the hell can't it manage itself well in memory.

 It's really un-acceptable results and i guess we have
a really long way to go in making openldap scale.

Trevor

--- Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> Trevor Warren wrote:
>
> > Fellas,
> >
> >  Thanks for your help. The results for the same
> are as
> > below. Averaged at about 100+ writes/sec(See TPS).
> > This setup is DB(4.2.52 + patches) and OpenLdap
> > 2.2.12. for results see below.....
> >
> >  During one such test with the same config i had
> > openldap crash with following msg:
> >
> > "[root@blade2 openldap]# ../../libexec/slapd -d0
> > slapd: ch_malloc.c:122: ch_calloc: Assertion `0'
> > failed.
> > slapd: ch_malloc.c:122: ch_calloc: Assertion `0'
> > failed.
> > slapd: modify.c:957: slap_mods_opattrs: Assertion
> > `mod->sml_mod.sm_nvalues[0].bv_val' failed.
> > slapd: modify.c:957: slap_mods_opattrs: Assertion
> > `mod->sml_mod.sm_nvalues[0].bv_val' failed.
> > Aborted"
>
> Well, technically, an assert() due to malloc failure
> isn't a "crash."
> I.e., in this case, it's not the result of a coding
> bug, it's just the
> result of the slapd process being unable to allocate
> any more memory.
> First you should check what resource limits are in
> effect (if any) and
> then you should monitor the slapd process size wrt
> the total amount of
> memory on your machine. You're clearly running into
> one of these two
> (logical vs physical) limits, and you need to raise
> them to avoid this
> problem.
>
> --
>    -- Howard Chu
>    Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director,
> Highland Sun
>    http://www.symas.com
> http://highlandsun.com/hyc
>    Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support

=====
|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren@yahoo.com        / _|_|