RE: loading of 1 million records usign slapadd takes forever

tor, 03.06.2004 kl. 16.59 skrev Armbrust, Daniel C.:

> I use these two flags in my DB_CONFIG file to disable logging during
> large loads:
>
> set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
> set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE
>
> This only works with berkeley based backends, and recent versions of
> berkeley, I believe.  Probably should read the berkeley documentation
> on these flags....

You *have* to read the Berkeley documentation to be able to work with
BDB at all. Also, Quanah's Stanford doco is sine qua non.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl