RE: BDB Locker

The first patch is definitely needed; I have never seen OpenLDAP run into the
situation fixed by the second patch but it's probably good to include it for
completeness' sake.

Deadlocks are a fact of life in BDB. They are not fatal, back-bdb retries the
failed operations automatically.

I don't know what kind of SAN you're using, but in general, BDB doesn't work
with remote filesystems. If your SAN supports byte-range locking and
memory-mapping it should be OK, but that's something to check.

  -- Howard Chu