Re: 2.2.11 and --enable-kpasswd

Today at 6:26pm, Dan wrote:

> I was thinking about upgrading our OpenLDAP servers from Redhat's
> openldap 2.1.22 to 2.2.11. While playing with configure for 2.2.11 i
> noticed --enable-kpasswd is missing from the options.
>
> Is this feature still supported? I have a heap of users with {kerberos}
> type passwords that i don't really want to change.

No, this feature is not supported any longer.  You can check back
through the archives of this list.  You will need to set up saslauthd
and convert your passwords to {sasl} instead of {kerberos}.  Once you
get past the typos (that I made...) it works well.  RH9's saslauthd
needs to be recycled frequently because it leaks memory like a sieve!

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
        === God bless all inhabitants of your planet ===