Re: slapd - segmentation fault

tir, 25.05.2004 kl. 22.09 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> > I'm having an issue with my slapd process segmentation faulting.  I'm
> > currently running openldap 2.1.22 with Berkely Database version 4.1.25 on
> > Linux AS 2.1.  I am using the ldbm database.  The problem I'm seeing is
> > on consumers only and seems to occur whenever a large amount of changes
> > are being replicated to it from a supplier.  This occurs on multiple
> > consumers, but the point at which it segmentation faults is not
> > consistent.  I ran a couple of the servers with debug on and I am
> > enclosing the information that I was able to capture.  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> 2.1.22 is particularly old and was a particularly buggy release.  I highly
> suggest upgrading to the lastest "stable" version (2.1.30) and seeing if
> the problem persists.

The problem would be, that OP probably wants to stick to RedHat's
offering or at least rpms, and RH doesn't offer anything else.

I was looking at Buchan Milne's Mandrake Openldap offering and that's
fantastic compared to RedHat's. Mandrake rpms mostly work fine on RedHat
- perhaps that's an alternative? OP should be aware that he should take
the BDB 4.2.52 as an obligatory part of any upgrade to 2.1.30.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl