How scalable is LDAP??

Guys,

have a quick question for you.

I was wondering if there are quick tools or methods to realise how scalable
and robust a LDAP directory is????

My statement is that any limitations are usually impacted by machine
resources. LDAP Directory itself is totally scalable. What slows them down
is bandwidth, memory and CPU.

I need to test this and prove meself.. and I was wondering if there are any
tested tools for this??

any help and pointers is appreciated

cheers guys

shekhar

This email message and attachments are confidential to our organisation and subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of this message or attachments is prohibited.  You can read our Privacy Policy here: <http://www.asbbank.co.nz/privacystatement.stm>