Re: Schema not available with restrictive ACLs

Um, hmm, not sure what to say. I did try it (and found the problem) and did
post it. :)

Here it again, just in case:

access to attrs=userPassword
        by * auth

access to dn=".*,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
        by dn="uid=app,ou=Accounts,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by dn="uid=app2,ou=Accounts,dc=example,dc=com" read
        by dn="uid=app3,ou=Accounts,dc=example,dc=com" read

These ACLs don't allow tools such as LDAP Administrator to view the schema.
It seems some tools want to view the schema anonymously.

So my question all boiled down to if there was a:

access to schema
    by * read

Style solution? Or another way that I need to approach this? Or do I just
resign myself to not allowing anyone view the schema if I want to lock down
access to our directory using auth-only users.

I was looking for a solution. I'm not aware of one, and don't see one in the
manpages.

Thanks!