Re: openldap2.2.11 configuration failed

--On Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:14 PM +0800 "=?gb2312?q?Rodriguez=20Paul?=" <prodriguez010@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install the openldap on my Redhat linux.  Before
that, I downloaded BerkeleyDB 4.1.25.tar.gz (with encryption) from
sleepycat.com and installed it.  Then I ran the ./configure from
the openldap directory, and I got the following error,

checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-2)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I tried different version of BerkeleyDB (4.2.52), it still gave me
the same error.  Could somebody tell me what I did wrong?  Thanks.

Hi Paul,

2.2.11 requires BDB 4.2.52, so 4.1.25 would never have worked.

As for your error now, you need to correctly supply the build environment variables to the configure script so that it knows where to find the BDB libraries (i.e., point it to wherever you installed them, like /usr/local/bdb-4.2.52 or whatever).

This question has been answered numerous times on the list, it is probably worthwhile to search for these errors on the archives page.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer