RE: slurpd blocking updates

The diff's to slurpd from 2.1.25 to 2.1.29 are largely cosmetic, mostly in
comments and error message reporting. The out-of-order fix was a change to
how slapd generates the replog, not a code change in slurpd. Since the slurpd
code has not changed, and only the replog itself is different, one would
expect all of your replicas to behave identically since they're all using the
same replog.

Probably you need a debug/non-optimized build of slurpd to track this down
and get some good stack traces. If the stack traces aren't telling anything
useful, that tends to imply that the stack itself is trashed. (The trace you
provide in ITS#3123 is conspicuous in that it only goes back as far as
libthread, and doesn't tell anything about the calling program.)

  -- Howard Chu