RE: referrals

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Howard Chu wrote:

> [...]

Howard,

I setup overlay chain as described above, but I it does not work me.
Both slave and master DIT are the same.  The master ldap server is not
receiving any connection attempts from the slave.  ldapmodify on the slave
returns a referral url.  It appears that the overalay is not used.

$ ldapmodify -H ldap:/// -f ./i
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
SASL username: igor
SASL SSF: 128
SASL installing layers
modifying entry "associatedDomain=ipass.net+cn=igor,ou=People,o=pb"
ldap_modify: Referral (10)
        referrals: ldaps://jupiter.ipass.net/associatedDomain=ipass.net+cn=igor,ou=People,o=pb

Any ideas?  (I use 2.2.11 and back-ldap is compiled in)

Thanks,
--
Igor