Re: Slurpd timer question

--On Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:49 AM +0200 Aslow Juin <demone39@yahoo.it> wrote:

Suppose I have two load-balanced servers and that I can put one of them out of service. What you mean is that I have to recompile (with a different prefix, different temporary port) and then switch to production settings? Thank you

You either have to compile the OpenLDAP software, from the distributed source, or you can get an precompiled version from somewhere, and hope it has everything you need compiled the way you need it.

Either way, you cannot just drop a new version of OpenLDAP in place when going from OpenLDAP 2.0.x to something newer, since a number of things have been updated that make it very unlikely that your server will just "work" after the upgrade. You are going to have to set aside a bit of time to do the upgrade.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer