Re: ldap_start_tls: Operations err

start_tls runs on port 389, you should add ldap:///  to the -h entry
or remove the -h entries.  That got tls working for me.

Mark wrote:

i started my slapd with
/opt/openldap/current/libexec/slapd -u ldap -g ldap -d 296 -l local6 -h ldaps:/// -f /etc/depot/openldap/openldap/slapd.conf

and then i tried to do a search with

/opt/openldap/current/bin/ldapsearch -ZZ -x -v -W -D "uid=test,ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com" "(userid=*)"

and got

ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_start_tls: Operations error (1)
        additional info: TLS already started

i tried to search the faqmatic for that error but couldnt find anything...

if i ommit the ZZ tag then it works...

but i want the ZZ to make sure im talking over secure connection.....does that error means i cant?

thanx m

-- Scott Walker Unix Systems Administration Magma Communications Ltd.

t:  (613) 228-3565
f:  (613) 228-8313
http://www.magma.ca/

---
This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any other person is strictly
prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the
addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the
sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and
destroy all copies. Due to the inherent risks associated with the
Internet, we assume no responsibility for unauthorized interception of
any Internet communication with you or the transmission of computer
viruses. Thank you.
---