Re: Call For Assistance #4 - slapd won't die gracefully, multiple versions.

On Apr 28, 2004, at 12:13 PM, Donn Cave wrote:

On Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at 11:54 PM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
On Apr 21, 2004, at 4:25 PM, Donn Cave wrote:

conn=0 fd=12 closed
^Cslapd shutdown: waiting for 0 threads to terminate
In my case, slapd stopped in __db_tas_mutex_lock, while trying to sync
some db file as part of the close. I found this out by inserting debug
printfs. gdb reported that it was in sched_yield(), a system call, but
didn't have a useful call traceback.
Except this does the same thing without bdb. With ldbm in it's place, it's the problem is still present.

Are you saying ldbm doesn't have a similar locking function? I don't know, could be. Good luck.

I don't know the first thing about this stuff, I'm just making my observations public in hopes someone else can tell me what's going on.

How did you get this to work, exactly?

	Donn Cave, donn@u.washington.edu