Re: updating the unchanged entry? [Virus checked]

denis.havlik@t-mobile.at wrote:

>> I wonder what happens if I read an entry, and than ask the openLDAP to >> update it, without actually requesting any changes?

 >Why don't you simply try it yourself?

Uh, well.. I'm fighting with perl net::ldap, and this came as one possibility for a script logic. It's just that I can't really check the performance now.

In fact, I would actually like to update every user entry every night:

Ha, right guess...

Well, you could use python-ldap which has a sub-module ldap.modlist which is kind of a delta-generator (see http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/doc/python-ldap/module-ldap.modlist.html).

I usually use it for this kind of jobs at my customers' installations. It is not schema-aware though.

Ciao, Michael.