Re: Schema Files

--On Monday, April 26, 2004 4:48 AM +0100 MS <opensrc_eng@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Hello all,

I am attempting to use some user-defined attributes and object classes
according to my application.

I created a schema file, which defines my objectclass like

objectClass     ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.100

    NAME 'EMPLOYEE??.

Created another schema file for attributes like

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.90

        NAME 'Status'.

????

???.

I added these 2 schemas in my slapd.conf&it worked fine.

But I need to knw what that OID means..&does does this id,naming of
attributes/object class  has any conventions?

I am using LDAPV3

Kindly help

Hello,

This is a LDAP generic question. I suggest you contact the LDAP list (ldap@umich.edu) and ask your question there. I also suggest reading the many RFC's on objectClasses so that you can gain an understanding of how they work. Reading the supplied schema files from OpenLDAP also helps when read the FAQ's.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html