RE: server side sorting & paging?

--On Friday, April 23, 2004 1:29 AM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:

Or you can choose to let the client deal with it. I like this approach,
because while server-side sorting results in many clients seeing poor
response, client-side sorting results in all clients seeing equally fast
server response.

Hear hear! Server side sorting is a waste.

And it is easy enough to use the client to deal with the results. That's how our online directory works when querying data out of our directory servers... We've been running that for over 6 years, and I've never yet had a complaint that it doesn't sort the results, yet it is used thousands of times a day...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer