RE: Berkeley db package really necessary for openldap??

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Stewart Walker wrote:

> On 14 Apr 2004 at 17:46, Digant Kasundra wrote:
>
> > Are you trying to build from scratch?
>
> No would like to work with what I've got.. Will the db4 or gdbm work
> with out Berkeley?

For you, the best option may (for now) be to just rebuild the RH SRPM from
Fedora Core2 (even though that still leaves you with some minor issues,
but they may not affect you ...).

Note that in the Redhat packages (and others), openldap is compiled
against an internal version of db4, that is totally unrelated to
everything else on the system (ie the db4 packages).

Of course, this is more of a Red Hat question than an openldap question.

Regards,
Buchan