Re: openldap 2.2.9

At 07:02 AM 4/14/2004, Wout van Albada wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I wanted to download OpenLDAP 2.2.9 via the download page at
>    http://www.openldap.org/software/download/
>
>However, the file appears to be missing from the FTP servers.
>What's up?

The website got a little head of itself.  If you notice problems
such as this, please file an ITS.  Notes posts to the mailing list
may go unnoticed.

>Also, anyone know at what point in the future the 2.2 development
>branch will be considered stable?

2.2 is not a development branch.  It's a release series. (the
word branch is a CVS term, and in terms of CVS the the 2.2 branch
is a release engineering branch (used to produce releases within
the series.)  A release in the 2.2 series will be marked "stable"
at the point it is generally considered to be more stable
then the current "stable" release.

Kurt