Re: ldap problem

> hi
>    i did used -b switch
> ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f
> example.ldif

This is an add, it has nothing to do with -b <base>;

> it produced following output
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope base
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: namingContexts
> #
>
> #
> dn:
> namingContexts: dc=linux,dc=lin
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1

however, now I understand what you're trying to do:
you are legitimately trying to search the root DSE;
you asked for the "namingContexts" attribute, and
you got it; so, what more?

> but also gave error on ldap server
>
> connection_get(10): got connid=1
> connection_read(10): checking for input on id=1
> ber_get_next
> ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 46 contents:
> ber_get_next
> on fd 10 failed errno=11 (Resource
> temporarily unavailable)
> do_bind
> ber_scanf fmt ({imt) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (m}) ber:

The "error" you see is not an error at all,
in fact you got positive response.
That message has to do with the server
handling the connection with the client.

BTW, what software version are you using?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it