Antwort: Re: Road Map : improved scalability - how to proceed ?

>> This was with 2.2.5  - I'm going to grab the  latest openldap now, and
>> try again, in hopes that I don't have to split this file.
>>
>> So, what exactly is too large?

>mmm.. are you running openldap  on linux with ext[23]? These filesystems
>have got the limit of 2gb files. Maybe this is the problem.

AFAIK, ext3 does not have this limitation, and I'm not sure if ext2 still has it.
There used to be filesize limitations all over the linux (kernel, glibc, filesystem), but these limitations were lifted quite a long time ago.
I've digged a bit on google, and found for instance this nice page:
http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

regards
        Denis