Re: Road Map : improved scalability - how to proceed ?

"Armbrust, Daniel C."  wrote :

> So, what exactly is too large?

I have no idea - but I cant help but feeling that the only file size limit
that *should* be imposed be the max file size limit supported by the
underlying operating system. Any other file size limits caused by either
slapd or the backends should be adressed in my honest opinion.

But if we are seriously going to try to run Mindcraft's DirectoryMark
benchmark in order to assess our scalability, we should at least be able to
load the DIT with 100,000,000 entries, with each entry having at least the
following attributes :

      objectClass
      cn
      sn
      description
      facsimileTelephoneNumber
      postalAddress
      telephoneNumber
      title

And if I did my calculations right (im lousy at math, I must admit ;) this
could easily lead to a +10Gb ldif file.

Sincerely,

 John Smith