RE: kadmin: kadm5_create_principa: ldap_add_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Thank you Howard. It is indeed the problem of path
between ldapsearch and slapd. I also recompiled
heimdal to point to the correct path of slapd.

Creating the principals seem okay:
[root@localhost libexec]# kadmin -l
kadmin> init LARAS.COM
Realm max ticket life [unlimited]:
Realm max renewable ticket life [unlimited]:
kadmin> ank la
Max ticket life [1 day]:
Max renewable life [1 week]:
Principal expiration time [never]:
Password expiration time [never]:
Attributes []:
la@LARAS.COM's Password:
Verifying - la@LARAS.COM's Password:
kadmin> exit
[root@localhost libexec]#

But, still no luck with ldapsearch. I've tried various
ways to get back my principal:
shell% ldapsearch -L -h localhost -D
cn=manager,ou=KPrincipals,dc=laras,dc=com -w secret -b

ou=KPrincipals,dc=laras,dc=com
'objectclass=krb5KDCEntry'

A few doubts:
1. Was the principal creation successful ? What
mechanism is used by openldap to store the data ? If
it is stored using SASL/External like what you said
earlier then it might not be stored properly bec I
haven't figured out SASL/External

2. I understand that SASL/External should be used  for
ldapsearch but will i be able to search for user
credentials using simple bind ?

3. I'm using openldap-2.1.25, do I still need a patch
in order to support SASL/External ?

Regards,
lara

=== message truncated ===