SSL certificates, kerberos keytabs, and load balancing

Hi, folks

I'm trying to figure out what happens when one starts doing the load balancing with LDAP servers. Don't really need it today, but it seams to be a good day for such questions. :-)

So, we have N machines called ldapX.mydomain that all answer to requests sent to "ldap.mydomain". As far as "certificates"/"keys" go, there are two things that can go wrong:

1) kerberos key

As far as the kerberos keyfile goes, every machine really has to have a key for ldap/ldapX.mydomain, because kerberos will do reverse name mapping, and does not care that the machine happens to answer to "ldap.mydomain" alias. Ad acta?

2) ssl certificate

OK, which name is used here? ldap.mydomain on all the servers, or different certificate (issued for ldapX.mydomain) for each of the servers?

Btw, could someone point me to a piece of documentation explaining step-by-step how to set up load balancing 4 LDAP?

thx
        Denis
--
T-Mobile Austria GmbH,
Information Technologies / Services

Dr. Denis Havlik,                                   eMail: denis.havlik@t-mobile.at
Rennweg 97-99, BT2E0304031        Phone: +43-1-79-585/6237
A-1030 Vienna                                        Fax:      +43-1-79-585/6584

Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>
Gesendet von: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

09.04.2004 14:04